How to Get RI Marijuana Cards
Rhode Island residents diagnosed with one qualifying condition or more are afforded legal protection under Rhode Island’s medical marijuana law.
List of Qualifying Conditions
– Hepatitis C
– Cachexia or wasting syndrome
– Severe, debilitating, chronic pain
– Severe nausea
– Seizures, including those characteristic of epilepsy
– Severe and persistent muscle spasms, including those characteristic of multiple sclerosis or Crohn’s disease or
agitation of Alzheimer’s Disease
– Other conditions are subject to approval by the Rhode Island Department of Health
Other Qualifying Conditions
– Must be a resident of Rhode Island with a valid Rhode Island I.D. as proof of residency. Proof of residency via bank statement or utility bill are acceptable.
– Obtain a copy of your medical records indicating diagnosis of a qualifying condition
– Obtain written certification from a doctor licensed in the state of Rhode Island
– Register with the Rhode Island Medical Marijuana Program to receive a registry identification card